sexta-feira, 18 de julho de 2014

G is for Grasp [The Alphadeath Codex]



Sometimes I believe
Sometimes I accept that one day, all will fall apart
Sometimes I just know I’ll break your heart
Sometimes I can see
Clearly
A dark river runs through it
Floods the gates
Thrashes the gentle willows unable to bend before such rage
And deep
Deep within myself
Sometimes I accept
That I have become hell

And no bird will sing or cloud show silver lining
Because, sometimes
The fear is blinding
And hate is the only thing gleaming in your eyes
When sometimes, everything else just dies

And as hope withers, it cries in a whirl of misfortune
And fades to black
Sometimes, there is no turning back

And then, by cruelty veiled
Seated in a throne of spite
I give up the fight
Close my eyes
And quietly embrace the gloom
Victorious in doom
I have vanquished my soul

As I lay silently unfathomed
Sometimes I wish that all would fade away
And a that a harsh blow should strike me dead
So I may dream of faraway places no more
So I can hide from all this maelstrom
So I no longer try to grasp 
Desperately
To the last shred of kindness in this world

And as the sun sinks on the horizon and the starless skies fall
Sometimes I believe
That there is nothing left to believe at all

1 comentário:

  1. Um poema belo e denso que faz desejar afundar no abismo do seu mundo sombrio, em irreversível desmoronamento, para resgatar a ternura e a esperança no íntimo dos seus personagens…

    Obrigado pela partilha. Até mais ler!

    ResponderEliminar

Impossibilidades

É onde a cabeça de uma sweet little sixteen cai, frequentemente. Rola, desespero abaixo e, pum, estilhaça-se no vazio. Foge, acelerada, do...